Custom Search

Forex News Update

Live Forex News and Analysis Review Update



Subscribe to this Feed by Email Subscribe to this Feed by Email

Subscribe to this Feed by Email Subscribe to this Feed by Email

Subscribe to this Feed by Email Subscribe to this Feed by Email
Subscribe to InstaForex Company News by Email

August 22, 2011

6 Truths You Need to Know To Live a Happier, More Fulfilling Life

Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you. ~ I Sam. 12:24

It happens. Someone calls or drops by my office and 'needs to talk'. Usually they are confused, discouraged, heartsick, and don't know how to fight back. So I sit on the patio (hopefully in the sunshine) and we talk. Often, one or more of these truths is at the heart of their negative feelings. Together we focus on Divine Truth and determine what matters most - feelings and fears or focused action and a sense of power and fulfillment.

"I can't do anything right. I just feel so worthless."

That is so not True. Within you are special gifts, talents and abilities that God placed there - just for you. Your job is to find and develop them into a gift for others. We are each here for a reason: to be a blessing and share Love, joy and peace with everyone we meet. You are part of the divine puzzle called Life, a necessary and valued piece of God's creation.

TRUTH #1: For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (Jer. 29:11) Take some time to think about your talents and abilities. What can you do to improve them? Who might benefit from your wisdom and knowledge? Don't be afraid to explore possible new pathways of blessing and prosperity.

"Nobody loves me. Why am I even here?"

If there's one thing I've learned over years of dealing with grieving families, it's that somebody loves you. They may get mad or upset about an incident, or even about your lifestyle, but they still love YOU. Now, here's the bonus: You can change your attitude and lifestyle... and even more people will love you! Don't ever undervalue yourself. God doesn't. Your friends don't.

TRUTH #2: Behold, what matter of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God... (I John 3:1) Remind yourself often that, "God loves me. I am His favorite child." You must be - because He sent Jesus to get you! Pretty awesome trade, don't you think? Now, activate the Law of Sowing & Reaping. Sow love and you'll get love in return!

"I'm so alone. I don't have any family or friends."

Your head may try to tell you that, but it is NOT True. There are dozens of places you can go to get involved with other people - church, volunteer organizations, civic and social groups, clubs, etc. Yes, you have to leave your house/apartment/room. Alone is a choice you are making. And only you can change the thoughts you think and the choices you make.

TRUTH #3: And the LORD God said, It is not good that man should be alone; (Gen. 2:18) Where-fore, comfort yourselves together, and edify one another... (I Thess. 5:11) God never intended us to be alone; He expected us to stay connected... to Him (Jesus is the vine, we are the branches) and to other people. Get involved and reap a harvest of friends and activities.

"I don't ever have any money. The bills come in faster than I can pay, and I can't seem to get out of debt."

Today's economy can be challenging, but too often we are the cause of our own financial stress. That said, worrying about your situation won't change anything. Get creative. What can you do to take off some of the pressure? Garage sale? Craig's list? Barter for babysitting or yard work? Be creative and pro-active. Less is more. More peace, more time, more joy.

TRUTH #4:... my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:19) The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it. (Prov. 10:22) God's plan for you includes abundant, overflowing provision so that not only are your needs met, you have more than enough to bless others and 'abound to every good work'.

"I am so angry! You just don't understand what 'they' did to me! I'll never forgive them."

Think about it. Anger doesn't harm the other person at all. Most of the time, 'they' don't even know you're upset! Who is the only one being torn apart by anger, resentment and unforgiveness? You. It is a self-inflicted wound that continues to fester, destroying your mental and physical health. Is that a price you are willing to pay?

TRUTH #5: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. (Eph. 4:32) Releasing anger and unforgiveness is a decision, not a feeling. You must CHOOSE to let those situations go, to set your mental hostages free. When your mind tries to pull you back into the trap, tell yourself, "No, I'm not going there. I have forgiven that person and released that situation to God. I will stay in peace.

"I am under so much pressure that sometimes I think I just want to run away. Everyone wants more from me than I can cope with."

It's easy to get discouraged. We all take on too much, often for the wrong reasons, looking for praise, acceptance, gratification or recognition. Seeking from others what only God can fulfill is the wrong route to self-worth. Purposely ask yourself "Why am I doing this? Is it necessary to do it now? Will it harm anyone if I choose not to? Am I willing to trade my time and energy for this?"

TRUTH #6:... wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his [your] treasure. (Is. 33:6) Are your activities in line with your divine purpose? Re-examine your motives and set some boundaries for your own life. Pray first, before you hit overwhelm. God can order your days in wisdom, peace and productiveness.

The common denominator in each of the above situations is "I". The solution to any "I" problem is to change your focus. Love looks out for the other person more than itself. And we are commanded to love one another.

My mother used to say, "If it's not good, it's not God." Life is not a continuous happy-fest, but it is intended to be fulfilling, to provide satisfaction, and to have purpose. God's love and blessing should encompass every thought, word and activity in your day.

I challenge you to govern your thoughts and feelings instead of giving them free reign in your life. (Interesting expression - you can allow them to 'reign' or you can 'rein' them in!) Trusting God and making Love your first priority is the key to victory, Truth, and a harvest of peace, comfort and blessing. You choose.

For more information on developing life skills, better relationships, and becoming the best YOU possible, visit http://www.seebecksolutions.com/ and sign up to receive your FREE subscription to "What Matters Most", a weekly ezine of inspiration, motivation and humor from a Christian perspective.

Ruth Seebeck has built a reputation over the last three decades as a life-skills coach, mentor, Christian counselor and friend. She is a business owner, author, community volunteer and event coordinator whose passion is helping others overcome life's challenges.


View Article_Source


0 comments:

Post a Comment