Custom Search

Forex News Update

Live Forex News and Analysis Review Update



Subscribe to this Feed by Email Subscribe to this Feed by Email

Subscribe to this Feed by Email Subscribe to this Feed by Email

Subscribe to this Feed by Email Subscribe to this Feed by Email
Subscribe to InstaForex Company News by Email

July 12, 2011

When We Change


Virginia Tech students and community members the peggy...Image via Wikipedia
"When we change, we change our world." The first time I heard this phrase I just went, "Yeah that sounds cool and kind of guru-interesting, but what the heck does it really mean?" It meant nothing at all until I really heard it and finally put this "change" stuff into action. Then it became the power that drives my life.

For many, many of my more-than-fifty years I struggled and moaned and groaned and complained about life. It was not going the way I wanted. People were not doing what I wanted. Events did not erupt in the colors I had anticipated. Life was hard and boring and I ran like hell from it. I hid in television and shopping, blaming the other guy and doing the same darned thing every day, thinking somehow tomorrow was going to be different. Peggy Lee had nothing on me with her warbling of "Is that all there is?"

My life stayed in status-quo stagnation until I decided that it was time that I do something about it. It was time for me to change. I'd been trying to change you; to change the weather; to change my mother-in-law; to change my parents; to change my children; to change my boss; to change the world. I had failed miserably, and I was miserable and really, really worn out.

I finally understood that this change stuff must come from me. I needed to change the way I was going about this entire living thing. Was I going to continue to be a "victim," laying the blame for my inactivity on someone else? No! I chose to be proactive--to move into my life with thought and action. I finally really saw that I was driving this thing, not my father or mother, sister or brother, husband or lover. Me!

I sought to change my expectations. I was wandering around with rigid outcomes plastered on every move I made. "If I do this, then that will happen." And if the outcome didn't match my notions, I was pissed off and angry and full of self-pity. So now, I no longer have expectations. I hope things will work out as I think they will. And if they don't, most of the time what does happen is better than I planned or at least a hell of a lot more interesting.

The biggest change I now embrace? "It is what it is." What freedom and peace there is in that simple statement. I truly have no control over anything or anyone but me. So instead of complaining and bemoaning fate, I choose to move into fate with a big smile and an open heart.

By changing my thinking and accepting things simply as they are, my world has changed. That once enigmatic statement about "change" is now an action that powers my days and creates a sense of real peace. So, how about you? Are you ready to change your world?

View Article_Source


Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment