Custom Search

Forex News Update

Live Forex News and Analysis Review Update



Subscribe to this Feed by Email Subscribe to this Feed by Email

Subscribe to this Feed by Email Subscribe to this Feed by Email

Subscribe to this Feed by Email Subscribe to this Feed by Email
Subscribe to InstaForex Company News by Email

March 25, 2012

All I Need Is a Chance He Said - Wrong, What He Needs Is to Do, Not Beg

The other day, someone wished to join our think tank, and they told me that all they needed was a chance; they need someone to give them a chance and they would shine. Then they asked me if I remembered when someone gave me a chance - and asked me to remember back when I was young and just starting out. The reality is that no one ever gave me a chance, I had to fight for my chance, I was told I couldn't do it, it wasn't allowed, or that I wasn't good enough. I knew that not to be true, and I made my own way. I'd like to talk to you about this for second because you're probably already dismissing what I'm saying.

Sure, there were people along away who said they wanted to give me a chance, but every time someone wanted to give me a chance, the reality is they wanted to harvest my hard work ethic and energy and make money off of my efforts. The bank that gave me my first business loan, said that they wanted to give me a chance, but "fat chance" as this was when interest rates were approaching 10% or more. They weren't giving me a chance rather the bank was making a ton of money. Don't kid yourself.

When I was young I started my first aircraft washing business at age 12, and the local fixed base operator at the airport wanted to give me a chance and let me clean their aircraft. Were they really giving me a chance, or were they hiring me because I charged less than everyone else, and I would do it cheaper? I would submit to you that they hired me because the prices were low, and it didn't make sense for them to pay their own employees to do the work, because I would do it cheaper, and I worked harder, and therefore did a better job, and they saved money.

Did they really give me a chance? You might say they gave me a chance, and I earned my keep, and proved my worth, but I would submit to you that they used me. I understood the game, and I was perfectly okay with that, but I didn't need anyone to give me a chance, not really. I took my chances, I seized the moment, I grabbed opportunity, and I never looked back. I find it very unfortunate that people in our society believe that they need to be given a chance. No.

They don't need to be given a chance; they need to put forth effort and perform, and when they do that other people will notice, and they will let them prove themselves. These people who say they need a chance are wrong - and they don't need to be given anything by the government, or our tax dollar, if they want to make it the world they have to do what I did, and every other successful person did in this country, they have to perform, put in the hard work, and persevere. They need to develop strength of character, and be committed and dedicated to their cause.

They don't need a chance; they were already born, and now they're here they've got their chance. What they make of their life is their business, their choice, and in the United States at least, we live in the greatest nation ever created in the history of mankind; there are plenty of chances and opportunities for everyone, but fact is that they need to; take it.

Indeed I hope you will please consider all this, and if you are a left-leaning bleeding heart liberal, and wish to debate with me let's go ahead and talk, but I guarantee you I have experience, observation, and real-world knowledge backing me up on my point of view. And that trumps all your academic BS studies.

Lance Winslow has launched a new provocative series of eBooks on Success. Lance Winslow is a retired Founder of a Nationwide Franchise Chain, and now runs the Online Think Tank; http://www.worldthinktank.net/


View article source


0 comments:

Post a Comment